Evan Horwitz was born in Raleigh, North Carolina. He received his undergraduate degree from Indiana University in 1997 and graduated from the Norman A. Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University in 2001. While in law school, Mr. Horwitz was the managing editor of the Campbell Law Review. After graduating, Mr. Horwitz served as a law clerk to Justice Robert F. Orr at the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Tharrington Smith in 2008, Mr. Horwitz spent almost six years as an associate at Manning, Fulton & Skinner, P.A., where he was a member of the firm’s litigation section practicing primarily family law. Mr. Horwitz is currently a partner at Tharrington Smith.
Mr. Horwitz is a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law and his practice is devoted to family law and appeals and he also serves as an Adjunct Professor at Campbell University School of Law teaching Family Law Planning. Mr. Horwitz is a member of the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and the American Bar Association, and is also a member of the Wake County Bar Association. He currently serves on the Family Law Specialization Committee of the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Horwitz is an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Lawyer, has been selected to Super Lawyers North Carolina, Best Lawyers in America Family Law Section, and Business North Carolina Magazine’s Legal Elite Family Law Section. Mr. Horwitz is a frequent speaker at law schools and continuing legal education programs.
Mr. Horwitz is married to Debbie Horwitz and they have two children.
Norman A. Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University
- Juris Doctor, 2001
- Managing Editor, Campbell Law Review
- BA, Criminal Justice, Minor in History, 1997
- North Carolina Supreme Court, Law Clerk to Justice Robert F. Orr, 2001
- North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Board of Capital Area Soccer League (CASL), Board Counsel
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section Member, Litigation Section Member, Bar Candidate Interview Committee, Member
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law Specialist Committee, Member
Memberships & Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, 2001
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, 2001
- Wake County Bar Association, Member, 2001
- 10th Judicial District Bar, 2001
Legal Assistant: Jessica Evans
Awards & Honors
AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
Selected to North Carolina Super Lawyers, since 2015
Included in Best Lawyers in America Family Law Section, 2016
Selected to Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, 2016