Steve Mansbery joined Tharrington Smith in 2006 after earning his law degree from Case Western Reserve University. Prior to law school, Mr. Mansbery attended the University of Kentucky, where he earned his undergraduate degree in Finance, with Departmental Honors, and graduated magna cum laude. He is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Mansbery has been appointed to the Wake County Bar Association and the Tenth Judicial District Bar Professionalism Committee every year since 2009. He was recognized as a “Rising Star” in North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine for the years of 2010-2013, and again in 2016.
Mr. Mansbery is a Partner in the firm’s Family Law Section, and his practice is concentrated in family law.
He and his wife, Marie, have a young son.
- Juris Doctor, 2006
- Deans List Fall 2004, Fall 2005
University of Kentucky
- B.B. A. Finance, 2003
- Departmental Honors
- Magna Cum Laude
Memberships & Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar, 2006
- Wake County Bar Association, 2006
- 10th Judicial District Bar, 2006
- North Carolina Bar Association Member, 2006
Young Lawyers Division Committee Member
Family Law Section Member
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Certified Family Law Specialist, 2016
- Wake County Bar Association/Tenth Judicial District Bar Professionalism Committee, Since 2009
- We the People: The Citizens and The Constitution State Competition, Judge
50B Pro Bono Project at Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Judge
- Wake County Bar Association Food Drive Coordinator
- Wake County Bar Association Lunch with a Lawyer Volunteer
- North Carolina Bar Association LRE Partner
Legal Assistant: Jessica Edwards
Selected to North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2010-2013, and 2016
AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Family Law Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®
Included in Best Lawyers in America Family Law Section, 2015