Fred Morelock and Hill Allen Named 2021 Best Lawyers of the Year, 17 Tharrington Smith, LLP Attorneys Named Among 2021 Best Lawyers®
Tharrington Smith, LLP is thrilled to announce the selection of 17 lawyers in 14 different practice areas to the 2021 The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® lists, announced today. Since 1983, Best Lawyers has highlighted not only individual lawyers but also top firms. It is one of the legal profession’s oldest and most respected peer-review publications and is highly regarded as a guide to legal excellence.
Tharrington Smith, LLP also had five first time nominations as both Howard Cummings and Ken Soo were recently recognized in Best Lawyers and Jeffrey Russell and Mary Aiken Barrow were recognized for the first time in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. In addition, Fred Morelock and Hill Allen each have been named Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyer, a highly respected and coveted honor.
“I am so grateful to the staff and the lawyers here at Tharrington Smith. It is an honor to be named Lawyer of the Year” said Morelock
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on detailed peer-review evaluations, and lawyers are neither required nor allowed to pay a fee to be listed. They have published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals.
Below is a complete list of Tharrington Smith, LLP lawyers recognized on the Best Lawyers list, the number of years they have been listed, and their practice areas.
- Hill Allen, 10 years. Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Russell D. Babb, 3 years. Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Jonathan A. Blumberg, 5 years. Education Law
- Lynn Burleson, 25 years. Family Law
- Daniel W. Clark, 3 years. Commercial Litigation, Litigation: First Amendment, Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Howard Cummings, 1 year. Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Melissa Hill, 10 years. Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Evan Horwitz, 5 years. Family Law
- Douglas Kingsbery, 15 years. Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Steve Mansbery, 5 years. Family Law
- Jaye Meyer, 20 years. Family Law
- Fred Morelock, 15 years. Family Law, Family Law Mediation
- Randall M. Roden, 5 years. Commercial Litigation, Litigation: Intellectual Property
- Roger Smith, Jr., 5 years. Criminal Defense: General Practice, DUI / DWI Defense
- Wade Smith, 35 years. Bet-the-Company Litigation, Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Ken Soo, 1 year. Appellate Practice, Litigation: Labor and Employment
- Alice Stubbs, 10 years. Family Law
In Raleigh and beyond, Tharrington Smith, LLP has long been the standard in all areas of law and they are excited to congratulate Cummings, Soo, Russell, Barrow, and Morelock on their first-time selections to the respective prestigious lists and to all of their attorneys for their continued nominations as well. Congratulations to these dedicated and experienced lawyers.