Military Family Law Resources
- http://www.dfas.mil/ — Defense Finance and Accounting Service with military pay tables, Basic Allowance for Housing calculator, sample military pension division order language, Survivor Benefit Plan information, and other valuable information when you are dealing with a military party.
- www.navy.mil – U.S. Navy: Listing of all naval vessels, Navy bases, death benefits for veterans, active duty and retired members locator.
- http://www.afpc.af.mil/ — Air Force Personnel Center with information about the Survivor Benefit Plan, including enrollment, enlisted members benefits, eligibility for retirement information and air force service member’s demographics.
- www.army.mil— U.S. Army web site with access to Army publications (Army Echoes), information on USFSPA, SBP, military installations and bases, useful addresses and telephone numbers
- www.uscg.mil— U.S. Coast Guard site with information on the Freedom of Information Act, useful addresses and telephone numbers, and more.
- www.va.gov— Department of Veterans’ Affairs with compensation and pension information, health benefits, life insurance, veterans, benefits time tables and more.
- www.mytricare.com— Military health benefits information, forms, and requirements for coverage and contact information.
- www.abanet.org/family/military — Link to the ABA Family Law Section Military Committee and extensive information on military benefits and possible strategy to take in a case with a military party. Includes a list of family law attorneys by state/country who volunteer through “Operation Stand-By” to assist service members.