Lacy Hansen is an associate in Tharrington Smith’s Criminal Defense and Criminal Tax Defense Sections. She earned her Juris Doctor with a certificate in Criminal Law from Belmont University College of Law in Nashville, Tennessee. She also holds a Bachelor of Music in Oboe Pedagogy and Performance from Tennessee Technological University, where she graduated magna cum laude.
During her time in law school, Lacy was Vice President of the Board of Advocates and participated in Mock Trial and Advanced Trial Advocacy. She also served as an intern for the Hon. Jeffrey S. Frensley in Nashville, Tennessee, and for the Lee County District Attorney’s and Scotland County Public Defender’s offices. After graduating from law school, Lacy worked as a paralegal alongside Douglas Kingsbery at Tharrington Smith.
Lacy is the Historian for the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys and a member of the Military Spouse JD Network. In her personal time, she enjoys reading, playing board games, spending time with her grandmother, and taking day trips with her husband to explore North Carolina.
Belmont University College of Law, Nashville, TN
- Juris Doctor, Criminal Law Certificate, May 2022
- Vice President of the Board of Advocates, Mock Trial, Advanced Trial Advocacy
Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN
- Bachelor of Music, Oboe Pedagogy and Performance, May 2017
- North Carolina State Bar, 2023
- Tennessee State Bar, 2023
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Military Spouse JD Network
- Tharrington Smith, LLP, Raleigh, NC.; Legal Assistant, May 2022-December 2022
- Scotland County Public Defender’s Office, Laurinburg, NC.; Intern, May 2021-June 2021, July 2021-May 2022
- Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Sanford, NC.; Intern, June 2021-July 2021
- The Hon. Jeffrey S. Frensley, Magistrate Judge, Middle District of Tennessee, Nashville; TN Intern, June 2020-April 2021
- Professor Lucian Dervan, Belmont University College of Law, Nashville, TN.; Research Assistant, August 2019-December 2022
- Paulus & Dolan, Nashville, TN.; Legal Secretary and Officer Manager, January 2018-June 2020
- Girl Scout Troop Leader, Troop 1627, Nashville, TN.; 2019-2022