Rebecca Fisher-Gabbard practices exclusively in the Education Law section at Tharrington Smith. While earning her law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, she was a member of the Pro Bono Board, Education Law and Policy Society president, and Comments Editor for the North Carolina Law Review. Prior to joining Tharrington Smith, Becca served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lucy N. Inman at the North Carolina Court of Appeals. She was a program assistant for Communities in Schools Charlotte-Mecklenburg and a volunteer custody advocate for the Council for Children’s Rights before law school.
Beyond work, Becca enjoys hiking with her wife and their rescue dog, live music, and travel. She is an avid United States Women’s National Soccer Team fan.
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, Spring 2018
University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Juris Doctor, May 2020
- Comments Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- Pro Bono Board Member
- Honors Writing Scholar
- President, Education Law and Policy Society
- Dean’s Fellow, Peer Mentor Program
- Vice-President, Lambda Law Students Association
Davidson College, Davidson, N.C.
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, May 2015
- Davidson College NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Team, Varsity Athlete and Captain
- North Carolina State Bar, admitted 2020
- Tenth Judicial District Bar, since 2020
- Ropes & Gray LLP, Boston, M.A.; Summer Associate, Summer 2019
- Children’s Law Center, Washington, D.C.; Summer Law Clerk, Guardian ad Litem Program, Summer 2018
- Communities in Schools, Charlotte, N.C.; Program Assistant, July 2015-July 2017
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Lucy N. Inman at the North Carolina Court of Appeals, August 2020-December 2022