Sarah Izzell-Cutler specializes in family law. She received her JD from Campbell University School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude in the top 10 of her class. She received the Dean’s Excellence Scholarship, was a Wills & Trusts Scholar, and participated on the Moot Court Team. Before law school, she double majored in English and Psychology at North Carolina State University. Prior to joining the team at Tharrington Smith, Sarah worked in Raleigh as a legal intern at Parker Bryan Family Law, served as a law clerk to North Carolina Court of Appeals Judge Tobias Hampson, and as an associate attorney for McIlveen Family Law.
Sarah is a proud Raleigh native and enjoys attending as many NC State football games as possible. She also loves reading fiction, cycling, snowboarding, and hiking with her German Shorthaired Pointer, Odin.
Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, N.C.
- Juris Doctor, 2021
- Order of Old Kivett
- Dean’s Excellence Scholarship and Book Award in Civil Procedure II
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and English, 2016
- North Carolina State Bar, 2021
- McIlveen Family Law, Raleigh, N.C.; Associate Attorney, August 2022-December 2022
- N.C. Court of Appeals, Raleigh, N.C.; Research Assistant, September 2021-August 2022
- Parker Bryan Family Law, Raleigh, N.C.; Legal Intern, December 2020-July 2021
- North Carolina Court of Appeals, Law Clerk to Judge Tobias Hampson, 2021
- Foster Care and Adoption Ministry at Vintage Church