Sharon Lin specializes in education and construction law at Tharrington Smith. She received bachelor’s degrees in International Studies and Asian Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she continued her postgraduate education and earned her Juris Doctor degree in 2015. During law school, she was a certified legal intern at the UNC Civil Legal Assistance Clinic, a First Amendment Law Review staff member, President of the Asian American Law Student Association, as well as a legal intern at the UNC Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity (now the North Carolina Poverty Research Fund). Later, she worked as a Martin Luther King, Jr. Summer Intern at the Legal Aid of North Carolina – Wilmington Office. Before joining Tharrington Smith, Sharon practiced law at Beemer, Hadler, Willett & Lin, P.A. in Chapel Hill.
Sharon lives in Durham with her partner and two dogs. She is fluent in Chinese and enjoys traveling, reading, and jogging in the woods. Sharon also volunteers at the Durham branch of the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, N.C.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Bachelor of Arts, May 2011
- North Carolina State Bar, September 2015
- Beemer, Hadler & Willett, P.A., Chapel Hill N.C.; Partner, November 2019- December 2022; Associate Attorney, October 2015- November 2019
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Wilmington, N.C.; Martin Luther King, Jr. Legal Intern, May 2014- August 2014
- Durham branch Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina