Tharrington Smith, LLP, is proud to announce that 12 of its lawyers have been selected for inclusion by North Carolina Super Lawyers® for 2011. Only five percent of lawyers in North Carolina receive this recognition each year.
- Wade M. Smith has been selected as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in North Carolina for 2010.
- Carlyn G. Poole has been selected as one of Top 100 Lawyers and one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in North Carolina.
- Jaye Meyer has been selected as one of Top 100 Lawyers and as one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in North Carolina.
The following Tharrington Smith attorneys have been selected in their respective practice areas:
- F. Hill Allen (Criminal Defense: White Collar)
- Lynn P. Burleson (Family Law)
- Douglas E. Kingsbery (Criminal Defense: White Collar)
- Fred M. Morelock (Family Law)
- Roger W. Smith, Sr. (Criminal Defense)
- Alice C. Stubbs (Family Law)
The following Tharrington Smith attorneys have been recognized as “Rising Stars” in North Carolina for 2011 by North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine:
- Kris Gardner (Administrative Law)
- Jill S. Jackson (Family Law)
- Steve Mansbery (Family Law)
The selections for Super Lawyers are made by Law & Politics, a division of Key Professional Media, Inc. of Minneapolis, MN. Each year, Law & Politics’ undertakes a multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation by Law & Politics’ attorney-led research staff, a peer review of candidates by practice area, and a good-standing and disciplinary check. More information about the selection process can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.